Italy is a country that is situate on the European South Eastern Border. It is one of the most beautiful counties in Europe and a famous tourist destination. Italian culture is all about food, language and art and Italy is the country of origin of many famous artists. Italian architecture is unparalleled in the entire world. Not only has Italy given the world famous brands such as Gucci, Versace and Armani but Italy is also the country from where the sports car Ferrari originated. But besides these well known facts, there are some that you may not know. Italy is the country that gave the world the piano as well as one of the most basic necessity - eye glasses. And of course, Italian education is the best in the world. Italy is one of the four nations that first engaged the "European Area of higher Education." This started the Bologna Process, which is followed by educational Institutions all over the world till today. Information on study in Italy can be found online. Presently, Italy is one of the top eight most industrialized nations in the world. Not only does it have global industries that are both private as well as state owned, several small and medium sized companies have also found sound footing. Italy is spending a lot of money on research and is the ideal place to pursue higher education. Study and research in Italy are at all-time high now.
Why study in Italy?
Italy is one of the most sought after destinations when it comes to studying abroad. Not only is the Italian culture rich and addictive, Italian universities live up to their reputation. The present day Italian universities are some of the oldest in Europe and were founded in the twelfth century. Italy is the country that was one of the first to adopt the University system and this is the reason for Bologna Reform. Italian education in every field is excellent, but Italy specializes in the field of architecture, arts, design and applied sciences. Research is given much importance by the Italian government and a lot of investment is made in this niche for staying in the mainstream of technological developments. Italy has dominated research in the field of environment, transport and energy and leads the European scientific research activity. Italy has a long history of academic excellence. Some of the first universities were founded here. The University of Salerno was founded in the ninth century and that of Bologna in the year 1088. The Italian government is very conscious about education and is constantly trying to improve the education system through reforms. The Italian universities lay a lot of stress on making students employable. The education is designed based on real market needs and training is a compulsory part of the academic study. Not only do the Italian Universities have an academically sound curriculum, but they also have a curriculum that lays much emphasis on Practical Learning making Italian graduates much sought after by employers. Italian education leaves nothing to be desired. From its stellar history to its exciting present, Italy is a dream come true for most students. Students who get an opportunity to study in Italy never forget the experience. There is no dearth of reason why to choose Italy for higher study.
Italy (PAID UNIVERSITY)
1. Application form fully completed and signed by applicant.
2. One recent passport-size photograph (white background).
3. Passport/Travel Document must:
o Have been issued within the previous 10 years, and the validity must not exceed 10 yrs.
o At least have a validity of 3 months after intended stay.
o Have at least 2 blank pages.
4. One set photocopy of applicant’s Passport.
5. “Dichiarazione di Valore” (Declaration of Value) of the applicant’s educational certificates duly legalized by the Consular office of this Embassy. The local Institution or School should advise this Embassy directly in case it is not required.
6. Education Certificates duly Apostilled by Ministry of External Affairs.
7. Acceptance of enrolment by the Italian School or Institution, stating the duration of course.
8. Receipt of full payment of Tuition fees (if required).
9. Documentation regarding the applicant’s economic status:
o University Courses or Post graduated courses :
§ Proof of means of support in Italy of not less than 350,57 Euro for each month of the academic year.
o This availability can be proven through :
§ Bank Statement of applicant or family
§ Bank loan.
o Scholarship from Italian Government :
§ Proof of scholarship in original.
o Where the amount of the scholarship does not satisfy the minimum established by law (see annexed table ) the availability can be proven through :
§ Bank Statement of applicant or family
§ Bank loan
§ Bank guarantees (fidejussione bancaria”) covering the expenses for the duration of stay foreign exchange value (see annexd table).
o Non University courses :
§ Adequate financial guarantees (see annexed table ).
§ Bank guarantees (fidejussione bancaria”) covering the expenses for the duration of stay as per the foreign exchange value.
§ Adequate means for repatriation OR return flight ticket or booking (for courses for period up to 90 days).
10. Adequate proof of Boarding and Lodging (if required).
11. A return flight ticket or booking (for courses up to 90 days).
12. Insurance Coverage For Medical Treatment And/Or Hospitalization (Not Required If The Italian University Provides You One. In Case Your University Is Providing You With An Insurance Coverage, This Must Be Mentioned In The Letter Of Admission)With An Insurance Coverage, This Must Be Mentioned In The Letter Of Admission).
13. (For visa requested more than 90 days)The applicant has to submit his/her original (not scanned) admission letter stapled with the passport. At the time of collection of the passport applicant has to make sure that the admission letter or the declaration letter by the university is duly stamped by the Embassy.
NOTE: This Embassy reserves the right to ask for a Personal Interview or Additional Documents.
Embassy of Italy in New Delhi
1. 50E, Chandra Gupta Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021 2. Tel: +91 11 26114355 3. Fax: +91 11 26873889 4. Email: email@example.com 5. Areas of competence: Union Territories of Delhi and Chandigarh; the States of Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Jammu-Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh
Consulate General of Italy, Mumbai
1. Consul: Ugo Ciarlatani 2. Address: Kanchanjunga Building, 1st Floor, 72 G. Deshmukh Road - 400026 3. Tel: 0091-22-23804071 4. Fax: 0091-22-23874074 5. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 6. Website: www.consmumbai.esteri.it 7. Areas of competence: The States of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, the Union Territories of Daman, Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep and Pondicherry
Consulate General of Italy, Kolkata
1. Consul: Cesare Bieller 2. Address: 3, Raja Santosh Road, Alipore, Kolkata - 700027 3. Tel: 0091-33-24792414 4. Fax: 0091-33-24793892 5. Email: email@example.com 6. Website: www.conscalcutta.esteri.it 7. Areas of competence: The States of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal, Bihar e Orissa, the Union Territory of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands; Nepal
Consulate General of Italy, Bangalore
1. Consul: Dr. Giuliano Micheletti 2. Address: INDENA INDIA PVT. LTD., 94 V ‘A’ Cross, II MainHIG Colony, RMV II Stage, Bangalore - 560094 3. Tel: 0091-80 - 28567247 - 8 4. Fax: 0091-80 -27622830
Consulate General of Italy, Goa
1. Consul: Mr. Shrinivas V. Dempo
2. Address: Dempo House, Campal, Panaji, Goa - 403001
3. Tel: 0091-832-2441300
4. Fax: 0091-832-2225098
5. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org