Greece has always been a hub of tourists, who are attracted by its ancient heritage. The museums of the Byzantine and ancient eras as well as several archaeological sites and old cities draw tourist in hordes. Greece is an ideal place for those who wish to pursue their higher education. Greece is a very stable and developed democracy and has a modern economy. It is located near the crossroads of Asia and Europe and acts almost like a Gate to the European Union. Greece was once the cradle of the entire European civilization. Ancient scholars from Greece were the ones who were responsible for gigantic leaps in medicine, philosophy, astronomy and mathematics. Modern day Greece is still a place where young minds are nurtured and grown and study and research in Greece is very important. Greece universities are known for providing the best education and most of them are affiliated to top American and European universities. Greece offers the foundation of a successful and bright professional career to all its graduates who study in Greece. Life in Greece is calm and full of the wonders of the Ancient World. The people here are warm and hospitable and several of them speak English as a second language. Greece, is the ideal country for tourism, work or higher studies.
Why study in Greece?
Greece is a beautiful country that has always been famous for its scholars, mathematicians and philosophers. The education system in Greece still reflects this as it is one of the best in the World. There are two sectors in Greek Higher Education – the University sector and the Technological sector. There are 24 Universities and sixteen TEIs - Technological Education Institutes, which are accredited by Greece. Students from the EU/EEA do not have to pay tuition fee at Greek universities and they can also request free textbooks. For non EU students, a small fee has to be paid for the place at a University in Greece. This fee includes the textbooks and varies from Institution to Intuition. Engineering Study in Greece is excellent and Greece produces some of the best technocrats of the world. The duration of the course is five years. Medicine is the only course with a six year duration others last for four years. Information about study in Greece can easily be found online or from official Greek web sites. Living costs in Greece are considerably less and rooms as well as apartments can be rented anywhere in the country. Universities also accommodate students and help them find the right place for them to stay. Students can also choose to live off campus and for this they can rent rooms or live with a host family. Living with a host family will allow students to experience the rich Greek culture first hand. Greece is the ultimate place to live in. You will be surrounded by the wonders of the world and will have a rich history to witness. Greek people are warm and welcoming and you won’t have much problems adjusting. A vast majority of the Greek speak fluent English. Studying in Greek will be a great decision professionally for nay student.
Greece (PAID UNIVERSITY)
1. Application form to be filled in completely and signed by the applicant. (Application Form of Child under 18 should be signed by both the Parents)
2. One Recent passport-size photographs in colour with white background.
3. The Passport should be valid for atleast three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States or, in case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States.
4. Copy of Schengen Visas, USA & UK Visas.
5. A Covering Letter from the applicant explaining the reason of the trip & duration of stay in Greece.
6. Original No-Objection Letter from the Institute.
7. Original Acceptance Letter from the College/Institute/University.
8. Proof of Scholarship, if not than proof of sufficient funds to cover living expenses & cost of study.
9. Receipt of payment of Enrollment fee to the Educational establishment.
10. Photocopies of Academic Certificates duly attested by HRD & Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi with an Apostile sticker.
11. Proof of sufficient Funds of the Sponsor:
o Original Personal Bank statements* for last six months.
o Original Personal Income Tax Return for the last three years.
o Salary Slips for the last six months.
o Credit Card copy/Foreign Exchange endorsement/Traveler’s Cheque.
12. Overseas medical insurance valid for all Schengen-countries with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro. The insurance has to cover all risk e.g. accident, illness, etc. The policy has to clearly specify the period of validity and has to cover the date of arrival & departure has to be submitted in original. Applicant also has to sign the Health Policy declaration which can be downloaded from the website.
13. If going for PHD or Research, Contract with the University detailing the period of validity and the salary of the Researcher. The contract must be attested by a Greek Public Authority.
14. Police Clearance Certificate duly attested by Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi with an Apostile sticker. (for the applicants applying for more than 90 days).
15. Medical Certificate issued by only Govt. Hospitals duly attested by Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi with an Apostile Sticker. In the medical certificate it should be mentioned that the applicant is not suffering from cholera, tuberculosis, yellow fever, plague and any other transmitting disease as defined by the World Health Organization.
16. Applicants applying for more than 90 days)
17. Previous passport may also be required by the Embassy.
Embassy of Greece in New Delhi
1. EP-32, Dr S. Radhakrishnan Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021 2. Tel: (009111) 26880700-4 3. Fax: (009111) 26888010, 24675231 4. Emergency tel: 0091 9654616196 5. Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com 6. Website: www.mfa.gr/india
Honorary Consulate in Chennai
1. Honorary Consul: N. Kumar 2. Address: Νο 37 Sterling Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600034, India 3. Tel: (009144) 8203663, 8200042 4. Fax: (009144) 8200038 5. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Honorary Consulate in Mumbai
1. Honorary Consul: Jeroo Mango 2. Address: Baharestan, 30/A, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu, Mumbai - 400049, India 3. Tel: (009122) 26607852 4. Fax: (009122) 26606446 5. Email: email@example.com
Honorary Consulate in Calcutta
1. Honorary Consul: Sudhir Jalan 2. Address: 10th Floor, 21 Camac Street, Kolkata - 700016, India 3. Tel: (009133) 22831541, 22831542 4. Fax: (009133) 22831545 5. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Honorary Consulate in Kathmandu, Νepal
1. Address: Nuwakott GHAR (Nuwakott House), Sanepa Chowk, along Shuvatara School Road, Lalitpur-2, Kathmandu, Nepal
2. Tel: (00977-01) 5545999/5539900
3. Emergency tel: (00977) 9813570585/9851022999/9851108888
4. Email: email@example.com