Officially known as the Federal Republic of Germany, it has been at the center of Europe's political and economic happenings for a long time. It is the largest and the most populated country in the continent of Europe. In spite of the two world wars, which nearly destroyed the country, Germany has emerged to be the powerhouse of both economic as well as intellectual aspects of the region. Apart from Russia, Germany is the most populous country in mainland Europe. In fact, the land mass of Germany included parts of modern day Poland and Lithuania. The education system in Germany is quite unique right from the early days of schooling with schooling being optional till the age of 6 years. Even in the schooling after that point, there are different types of schooling that students can opt for.depending on their individual preferences. The students are encouraged to drop out of one college and join another, depending on the information about study in Germany regarding the fields of study chosen by them. One of the most encouraged aspects of education in Germany is the concept of group study and giving and receiving help from their peers. The students can also form groups that can study together right from the start to the end of their courses. An important aspect about study in Germany is the flexibility in changing course in the duration of their education. This is possible not just from one course to another, but from one college to another if the student finds a different college better than the one that he or she is currently studying. Some of the benefits of opting for a degree at a German university are in the form of student community participation, library studying, a language partner for getting over difficulties in German.
Why Study in Germany?
At present there are 387 universities situated in Germany. They can be broken up in two universities numbering 110, 221 universities teaching applied sciences and 56 institutions that teach art and music. Higher education, universities and establishments are wholly state funded. Alternatively, they are also recognized by the state.
Students who have the fascination of studying abroad may have questions regarding Why Germany can have their answers when they approach study in Germany consultants who can provide them the facts and figures that will put to rest their doubts. Some of the facts are as mentioned below.
· There is a range of subjects that the students can choose to study from literature to music and also sports.
· Students can opt out of a course or even a college and switch to another course of college.
· A high degree of importance is placed on research as opposed to theoretic study
· Students can form groups to study and subsequently present their papers, although group diplomas are not awarded.
· Students are encouraged to apply for jobs, even when they are studying which makes them comfortable in the overall working conditions of the German work culture much before they take on their first true job.
· Since the education system lays particular importance on research and practical aspects, there is overall encouragement to innovate and apply for patents more than anywhere else in the world.
· The multitudes of questions that many students were regarded overall satisfaction among students, facilities for foreign students, etc. can be addressed to by the Centre for Higher Education Development (CHE).
In view of the above points and other such advantages, it can be easily ascertained as to Why Study Abroad in Germany is the best option by far for students from all over the world.
GERMANY (PAID UNIVERSITY)
1. Two Visa Application Forms (please make sure that both forms are duly filled out and signed indicating especially the address of your future residence in Germany-(question 15) as well as your complete address including telephone No. and E-Mail-address in India).
2. Signed Declaration on True and Complete Information
3. Three passport pictures according to biometric specifications
4. Visa fee to be paid through Demand Draft made out to the "Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany" in New Delhi
5. Valid passport with a validity of at least 12 months along with two copies of all printed pages
6. Cover letter from applicant, explaining the exact purpose and duration of your stay in Germany
7. Letter of admission from the German University
8. Proof that study fees have been paid, if applicable. In case the fees are not paid or due yet, proof has to be provided that the necessary amount will be at the applicant's disposal in due course of time
9. School Leaving Certificate of Secondary School
10. University Certificates (Degree Certificates and Mark Sheets)
11. Proof of Language Proficiency (TOEFL / IELTS, original and A 4 sized copy). Exemptions do apply in case of a written confirmation from the University that this requirement may be waived, for applicants for PhD / Doctorate studies and Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Holders.
12. Proof of accommodation is required in order to fill the same in visa form & to attach in the file.
13. Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your studies by any of the following means:
a. Confirmation of scholarship/Stipend
b. Formal sponsorship letter from a sponsor living in Germany ("Verpflichtungserklärung" according to Article 68 German Residence Act)
c. Blocked account ("Sperrkonto") in Germany in the name of the applicant showing a minimum balance of Euro 7905, & the remark that the account holder can dispose of a monthly amount of Euro 659.
d. For information with regard to the procedure of opening a blocked account in Germany please contact a bank in Germany or an international bank of your choice.
e. Confirmation of an annually renewable bank guarantee from a bank in Germany in the amount of Euro 7905
f. It is highly recommended that that the money transfer is made by international bank transfer. Do not send bank demand drafts, money orders or cheque to open the block account.
14. From the moment of entering the Federal Republic of Germany you are upon request required to provide proof of a valid Health Insurance. This may be done through a regular Travel Health Insurance bought in India. However, as soon as you formally register & enroll with the German University & begin your studies a regular Travel Health Insurance loses its validity. You are required to get a valid Health insurance from a German Insurance provider. equired to provide proof of a valid Health Insurance. This may be done through a regular Travel Health Insurance bought in India.
The German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents! Important Facts to remember during file submitting:
· All the documents mentioned above should be in A4 size only & should be translated in English Language.
· All applicants have to personally sign Declaration 55 and Travel Health Insurance Notice.
· Please remember to take the courier charges of Rs.1500 from the student if they would like us to courier the blocked account details to Germany.
· 2 sets of documents are required.
· Personal appearance at German embassy is mandatory for all applicants.
Link to check VISA Fee - http://www.vfs-germany.co.in/visafees.aspx
Link to check VISA Fee - www.new-delhi.diplo.de
1. Student has to show the confirmation of fee receipt, after the payment of tuition fees.
2. But in case there is a less fee & that student has to pay after arrival in Germany, then in that case student has to show Saving Account statement showing the sufficient balance that student is able to pay his tuition fees.
3. Also student has to show the income proof of his earning family member like parents, & it should include salary account statement or salary slips, etc.-(It is required as embassy ask from where you will going to bear your next year living expenses so student can show this that his family is earning this much that they can support him for further studies & for further living)
4. Sponsorship letter is also required from parents.
5. Any third party can also sponsor so, in that case income proof of third party, sponsorship letter from third party & relationship proof will be required.
Embassy of Germany in New Delhi No 6, Block 50 G Shantipath Chanakyapuri PO Box 613 New Delhi-110021 Tel: +0091-1144-199199 Fax: +0049-3018-1767238 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Website: www.new-delhi.diplo.de
Embassy of Germany in CalcuttaConsulate of Germany 1 Hastings Park Road, Alipore PO Box 16711 Calcutta-700 027 Tel: +91-33-2479-1141 , +91-33-2479-1142, +91-33-2439-8906 Fax: +91-33-24793028 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.kalkutta.diplo.de
Embassy of Germany in ChennaiConsulate of Germany 9, Boat Club Road, RA Puram Chennai -600 028 Tel: +0091-4424-301600, Fax: +0091-4424-349293 E-mail: email@example.com website: http://www.chennai.diplo.de
Embassy of Germany in GoaConsulate of Germany Cosme Matias Menezes Pvt. Ltd. Rua de Ourem, Panaji Goa India 403 001 Tel: +0091-832-243-0793 Fax: +0091-832-222-3441 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Embassy of Germany in MumbaiConsulate of Germany Hoechst House"", 10th Floor, Nariman Point, 193 Backbay Reclamation Mumbai India 400 021 Tel: +91-22-2283-2422 , +91-22-2283-1517 , +91-22-2283-2661 Fax: +91-22-2202-5493 Email: email@example.com Website:www.mumbai.diplo.de
1. German Embassy website Website :- http://www.new-delhi.diplo.de
2. Germany Official website Website :- http://www.germany-tourism.de
3. Germany Consulate Website :- http://www.vfs-germany.co.in
4. German Immigration Website Website :- http://www.auswaertigesamt.de