Being eighth largest country of Europe, Finland has also maintained itself to be the 6th peaceful country in the world. The official language of Finland is Finnish but Swedish and English are widely spoken languages there. Unlike other European countries, Finland considers social security and healthcare facilities very essential and thus financed by the government. Finland holds a unique location where it has neighboring countries like Sweden, Russia and Norway. In 2017, Finland celebrated its 100 years of independence. It has reached to one of the best quality of life in the world. Innovation, best education system and excellent healthcare facilities are among the key attributes to describe Finland. Along with this, Finland is also known for its academic excellence and even it has now become the preferable choice of Indian students to pursue their higher education. Finland’s higher education system is widely respected as it has great international connections, low hierarchies, and academic freedom. Finland Education System majorly focuses on problem-solving and self development teaching approach which makes it unique and fruitful for student’s welfare. Finnish Universities offer English taught bachelor and master degree programs which are taught using innovative teaching methods. Universities also offer attractive scholarship opportunities to international students. As of now, more than 20,000 international students are studying in Finland and the number is rapidly increasing due to the availability of best quality education and facilities. Finland repeatedly ranks in the top five for PISA scores; Finns borrow more library books than any other country in the world. Acquiring a finnish degree would be the best opportunity for the students as it is globally admired and it would be highly valued while considering for job.
Why Study in Finland?
After knowing some important facts about Finland, you might be wondering about the major reasons to Study in Finland. There are total 13 public universities in Finland in which some of them are multidisciplinary and some are specialized universities. International Students in Finland will have a homely feel there due to warm culture and welcoming environment. Finland has been rated as one the safest, happiest and eco-friendly countries in the world.
1. Finland has top-notch universities and colleges which offer wide choices among degree programs and course of studies
2. Finnish universities offer very attractive i.e. up to 50% of scholarships to international students
3. In Finland, universities are more focused to practical teaching rather than theoretical one and even students are encouraged to participate in classroom interactions.
4. One of the foremost reasons to choose Finland for higher education is academic freedom and equality. You will be treated exactly as Finnish students in terms of teaching and opportunities.
5. Since the Finland has the best living standard, it will lead you to live a quality of life along with better safety and healthcare facilities.
6. Unlike other Nordic countries, Finland allows the maximum part-time work to international students which is 25 hrs/week
7. In Finland, students can apply for PR only after 4 years
8. Finland offers 1 year Post Study Work Visa
Finland (PAID UNIVERSITY)